Tip Tuesday: Answers to Your FAQ!
Have you submitted your entry, yet? If not, get started today because there are only 3 weeks left!
All you need to do is identify an everyday problem and think of a unique solution to help solve it. Then, film yourself explaining your big idea in a short 1-2 min. video and YOU could become one of our Top 10 Finalists.
Check out this video to see what it's like to be a Young Scientist Challenge Finalist!
Inspired, now? Here's some answers to Frequently Asked Questions to help you complete your entry:
- Can I enter with a partner or group? No, you must work independently.
- Can I use music by my favorite artist? No, your video should only contain music created by you or by someone who has given you written permission to use his/her music.
- Can I wear my favorite shirt while filming? As long as it does not have a logo on it! Be sure not to wear or film any logos, copyrighted or trademarked content.
- Do I need to use a professional video camera? No way! Your video doesn't need fancy equipment or editing, just a clear explanation of your idea.
- How do I submit my video? You should upload your video to YouTube as a public video with the title "DE3MYSC Submission - [Your Entry Title]". Then, paste the link into the YouTube video link field on the entry form
- How will I be judged? Your entry will be judged based on the following criteria: 30% creativity, 30% scientific knowledge, 30% persuasiveness and effective communication, 20% overall presentation.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started now and submit your entry before 8 PM ET on April 19. We can't wait to see what you dream up!