Tip Tuesday: A 10 Step Guide To Your Final Entry!
There's only one week left to submit your entry to the Discovery Education 3M Young Scientist Challenge. Your 1-2 minute YouTube video and all entry details must be finalized and submitted before 8 PM EST on April 19, 2017. Don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime learning opportunity!
10 STEPS TO FINALIZE YOUR YOUNG SCIENTIST CHALLENGE ENTRY:
- When filming your video, you must work independently. Remember to speak clearly and passionately.
- If you do not already have a YouTube account, your parent or guardian must create an account.
- To upload your video to YouTube, you can follow these instructions.
- Once uploaded, set the video's privacy settings to "Public" and "Unlisted" and take note of the unique URL that YouTube has given the video.
- Name your video "DE3MYSC 2017 Submission - [Insert Your Title Here]".
- Make sure the time stamp in the lower bar of the YouTube Player is within 1:00 and 2:00 minutes. Videos under 1:00 or over 2:00 minutes will be disqualified.
- Complete your student profile and project description and copy and paste the YouTube URL into the appropriate field at the end of the application>
- You can click "Save For Later" to save your profile for further edits and review.
- Double check all fields and ensure you are in compliance with all official rules.
- When you are ready, click "Save and Submit" before April 19 at 8 PM EST.
Then, you will be eligible to become one of our Top 10 National Finalists that will get the opportunity to work one-on-one with a 3M Scientist and travel to 3M World HQ to compete for $25,000 and the title of America's Top Young Scientist.
Follow our 10 Step Guide to submit your entry before April 19 and that could be YOU!